Last updated January 23, 2020 [Update Web Addresses]
Active February 23, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community at NerdThings (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Principles for processing personal data
Our principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness. When we process personal data, the individual rights of the Data Subjects must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose. The personal data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
- Transparency. The Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed and used.
2. What perosnal data we collect and process
NerdThings collects several different types of personal data for various purposes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- User defined “nickname” or “username”
- Phone number
- Internet Protocol Address (IP)
3. How we use your personal data
NerdThings uses the collected personal data for various purposes:
- To provide you with services
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or products
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To contact you about your account or services
4. Device Information technologies we use
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
5. Sharing your personal information
- We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the our websites–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
6. Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
NerdThings legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described in this Data Protection Policy depends on the personal data we collect and the specific context in which we collect the information:
- NerdThings needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given NerdThings permission to do so
- Processing your personal data is in NerdThings legitimate interests
- NerdThings needs to comply with the law
7. Retention of personal data
NerdThings will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Data Protection Policy.
NerdThings will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
8. Data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent